Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day Two: My First Radio Interview! (By Kim)

Hello again, kids! I'm blogging today from Fairfax, VA, where we are staying with Rebecca's friends Bruce and Sue. They have a lovely home and Becks and I are being spoiled with separate bedrooms, central air, yummy lunches, and fabulous, generous and fun hosts.

Yesterday we were still in Jersey, making a stop in Magnolia, the scene of my very first radio interview! Gene Godfrey was the DJ behind that one, inviting us into his home studio for a taped interview which will air on June 20th, I believe. I'll get that info to you, don't worry!

It was a really fun experience (if HOT!) and Gene was a great interviewer and host for us. We each played a couple of songs "live" and got to talk about our music and some other stuff. I got to give a shout out to the Andover Educators gang--very cool. I love that he asked me about that.

Here we are with Gene.

We stopped for lunch afterwards, deciding we had to go to a diner to have an authentic Jersey experience. The winner was the Starview Diner, which was yummy, but the jukebox at our table didn't work. We were amused by the fact that there was a typo in one of the song lists...


The streets of Vineland, NJ...

We spent the rest of the afternoon at Vincent's, where Rebecca taught him how to play "Riding West," and I blogged about Day One. Then we had to hit the road. We had initially thought our drive to Virginia would take two-and-a-half hours... we were only off by an hour... We arrived at Bruce and Sue's around 11:00, got settled in, and that brings us to the end of Day Two... stayed tuned!

No comments: