Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day Three: Too Hot For DC! (By Kim)

Still here in Springfield, VA...today we pretty much chilled out because it was SO HOT and the idea of trying to walk around DC during a humid 100-degree day just seemed stupid. We have a few more days to choose from, so we're hoping for a cooler spell, even if only by a couple degrees. We also were going to end up being more pressed for time than we'd originally thought, so that was another good reason to put off the trip. DC's not going anywhere, and we'll be right in the heart of it on Wednesday and Thursday, so I'm not worried about getting to see things.

We had a leisurely lunch today with Bruce and Sue, napped, and then Rebecca and I spent some time going over some of our stuff. Today is really our last day of having free time at our disposal, so it seemed like the wise choice. Starting tomorrow we are gigging every day until we come home on the 16th.

Tonight we were at George Mason University (beautiful campus!) for our live radio interview with John Campbell at WGMU. THAT was a trip! John is an hysterical guy--SO full of energy, and such a music lover. He really made us feel welcome and special, and he kept us laughing because he's just crazy. I am officially stealing the terms "Kumbayaotic" and "cross mojonation" from him. He talked with us a bit, played some tunes from our CDs, and then Rebecca sang her a cappella tune, "Home Again" live, while I added some harmony. All in all it was a very cool experience, and I wish I'd been able to hear it from the other side.

We got home a couple hours ago, and after chilling briefly, catching up on e-mail and such, Becks and I had an impromptu John Denver singalong over carrots and hummus. Look for some JD classics to make appearances at future gigs...

No pictures today, unfortunately.

So that catches you all up through tonight. Tomorrow it's on to Baltimore and the first of our consecutive string of shows. Which means I have to get to bed. Lots to do tomorrow before we head out. Nighty-night!

1 comment:

John said...

Did you 2 notice I had my camera there and took NOOOOOOO PICTURES!

BaH!

I'll take some on Wed/Thur nite when I see you.

You 2 were awesome!

Thanks for coming to visit. :)