Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day Six: Yeah, I'm Outta Rhymes! (By Kim)

Okay, so on Day Six we had our second D.C. proper show, at a place called Ebenezer's Coffeehouse. What a fantastic venue! It's fairly new, and having music is VERY new, so our crowd was small, but MAN what a set-up! They had a whole listening room downstairs from the rest of the coffee shop, with a stage, and sound, and lights, and people to RUN these things. It was very fabulous indeed, and definitely my favorite performing space of the tour. If you are in the D.C. area or know people in D.C. SEND THEM TO EBENEZER'S! It's really a great place, and they deserve to prosper as a venue.


Here is the stage, and part of the room, with our stuff preset.


Becks and I showing off our merch table, which was manned by Amy all night--thanks, Amy!


My cousin Ray and his friend Dave came out to the show.


Me and Ray. Seriously I think the last time the two of us were in a picture together we looked like this:

I love how we're standing on the same sides as we were then!


Amy and Rebecca, with Ebenezer's awesome tech team, Steve and Daniel, in the background.


Rebecca sound-checking.


We decided that blurry was okay as long as it was "cool" blurry.


I love this one!

Okay, so as far as performance images go, thanks to Amy, and Ray's friend Dave, there are a TON! It was going to take far too long to upload them all here, so I made them into a slide show. What a great night we had!


Goodbye, Ebenezer's! What I love about this shot by Rebecca is the reflection of the sign for F Street in the center window.


And because meeting fabulous dogs was a recurring theme on our trip, here is the yellow lab owned by Amy's roommate Jessica. Isn't she a beauty?

No comments: